Monday, March 26, 2012

The Best Dad!


Edited: This card was selected as one of the Fabulous Fashionista :) Thank you so much RIC team.

 I had this idea in my head but took me forever to get in on paper. I wanted to use triangles in multicolours for ric #8 challenge. How to lay it out on the card was crazy. Until I found Retro Sketch #4. Then everything fell into place.
So here is the sketch and the inspirational photo.




Such a pretty dress. But I made a masculine card instead.

The Best Dad Card!
Supplies:
Cardstock: Basic Black, Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Elegant Eggplant Cardstock from Stampin' Up! Pink Textured cardstock from SU
Stamps: My Hero My Dad from PTI
Ink: Stazon Black Ink
Accessories: Square punch, circle punch Craft Concept 5th Avenue Glam Diamond Shadows embossing folder.

I like how it turned out. Hope you do too. 
I am having multiple disturbances from family right now. So I better sign off now.

Oh! I watched The Hunger Games and I will tell all about it in my next post. Loved it but...
See you soon!

Pin It

22 comments:

Elena said...

So bold! I love it! And I'm anxiously awaiting your Hunger games post - saw it this weekend too :)

Susie said...

Oh wow! Fabulous. Love the embossed layer.

Unknown said...

Love the triangle design! Modern, colorful and very cool!

Jackie Rockwell said...

Oh WOW, love this bold dramatic modern look!!! You made the inspiration photo and sketch work perfectly together! I'm loving all of those angles! Thanks for playing RetroSketches this week!

Banu said...

WOW Gayatri, Stunning card. Loved it. Cannot wait to hear your comments on Hunger games. I also saw it on Saturday.

maria f. said...

Hip to be.... triangular. Love it. Bold and beautiful.

maria f. said...

Hey... lots of new supplies on their way to you... congrats on your Lily Pad win. Lovely pink card.

Arielle H Gordon said...

LOVE this card Gayatri! What an awesome design, really love the embossing on the black, very chic! Thank you so much for playing with us at RetroSketches this week!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love your bold and vibrant card. Perfect for Dad.

Wida said...

the design is so interesting and I love to colorful stripe against the black. The embossing gives the black that something extra. NICE!

Laura said...

Lovely design and the colours are fab.

Chunyuan said...

love the bright colored triangle created from square punch.

Anonymous said...

FAB take on the inspiration & sketch! Love your bright coloured banner!

Jenny said...

Wow ..I just love this Gayatri, the pop of colour is just so eye-catching :0)
Jenny x

Dawn T said...

Stunning Gayatri.... and a big congrats on your Lily Pad win,...

kasia c. said...

Well it was worth the work!! This is gorgeous! So bright and bold and fun. :)
Thanks forplaying along with us at RetroSketches!

Laurie said...

Love your take on this sketch Gayatri! I love the colors on the black base!

me said...

Oh wow, this is AWESOME!!! Great take on the challenge :) Thanks for joining us over Runway Inspired Challenge!

Angeline

Lisa Elton said...

Love your colorful card!!

Cristina said...

Brilliant. Always love seeing your cards; you have such fantastic style.

Sarah said...

Love, love, love those triangles and colors. I'm so glad you played along with the Runway Inspired Challenge too.

Jennifer Rzasa said...

I love the background texture and the bright colors! Thanks for playing along with the Runway Inspired Challenge!